Contact us for more info:
MEMBERSHIP IN CHISHOLM TRAIL CHORUS
Thanks for taking time to learn more about us! On behalf of more than 23,000 four-part a cappella Sweet Adeline International singers throughout the world, we welcome you to our weekly chorus rehearsals. Whether this is your first experience with the incredible sound of "close harmony" or you are a Sister in Harmony from one of our 500+ other chapters around the world, we'll do our best to help you have a great time. You probably have a few questions about our organization. Good -- we have answers that should make your visit even more pleasant and meaningful.
· What can I expect from membership?
· How do I become a member?
· What happens after I am accepted?
What can I expect from membership?
The benefits of being in Chisholm Trail Chorus are far too numerous to list, but here are a few of our favorites. As an active member, you will:
· Enjoy the Fellowship of 23,000 other women of good harmony
̃ in our Chapter
̃ in our 4-state Region, and
̃ in our International organization
· Have many opportunities to Learn and to Perform:
̃ Weekly Chorus Rehearsals
̃ Chorus Retreats and Coaching Sessions
̃ Sweet Adeline International workshops
̃ Chisholm Trail shows and sing-outs
̃ Sweet Adelines International contests and conventions
· Develop Your Leadership Skills by:
̃ Serving on Committees
̃ Serving on the Music Team
̃ Serving on the Board of Directors
· Earn the Pride and Respect of being a Chisholm Trail Chorus member
How do I become a member of Chisholm Trail?
First Visit — The guest is given a temporary voice placement and assigned a “Mentor” to sing with. She is given a guest book and invited to sing with us on the risers.
By the Third or Fourth Visit — The Director asks whether the guest is interested in membership and if so, she is given a Prospective Member Packet. She is also given website links to download the learning tracks and sheet music for the audition song.
By the Sixth Visit — The prospective member arranges for an audition with the Music Director.
Audition — Upon successful completion of the audition singing with 3 others in a quartet setting, the prospective member is given a membership application.
Next Meeting — After the prospective member passes the audition, the Music Team makes a recommendation to the board and the board votes on membership and presents the prospective member to the chorus for final acceptance.
Throughout this entire process, the prospective member is given the opportunity to prepare for her audition by singing the audition song with the chorus and a quartet on our weekly rehearsal night.
What happens after I am accepted as a member?
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
1. Each member will actively participate in the operation of the chorus and its related activities in addition to singing.
2. Every member must make an honest commitment to abide by and monitor the Mission Statement and Standing Rules of Chisholm Trail Chorus. Standing Rules may be added, deleted or modified as agreed on by the entire membership.
3. Each member is responsible for learning 100% of the words, notes and presentation of the music on her own time.
4. Regular attendance is encouraged. A member cannot miss 3 consecutive rehearsals, or 4 total within 2 months, unless she requests a Leave of Absence. Other attendance requirements may be established for special events (e.g., contest or show preparation). If this requirement is not met and the chorus position is lost, readmission into the chorus will be by an audition set up with the director.
5. A courtesy call or email to your section leader and the director is requested if you cannot be at rehearsal.
6. All members will be performance ready to current standards.
7. Each member will arrive at each singing event -- whether performance or rehearsal -- on time, warmed up and ready to sing.
8. A time commitment in addition to regular rehearsal is expected.
9. Quartets representing this chorus will audition for the Music Team before performing publicly.
Membership retention and expansion will be every member’s responsibility.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF US
1. High quality sheet music and learning tracks will be provided for each song. On rare occasions, members will be required to create their own learning media during rehearsal.
2. Training will be provided on a regular basis to give every member the opportunity to continuously improve her vocal and performance skills.
3. Quality coaches will be provided on a regular basis.
4. A specific "complaint" or concern procedure will be followed. Music concerns should be discussed with the director outside of chorus rehearsal. Administrative concerns should be discussed with the president outside of chorus rehearsal. Under no conditions will these be expressed or addressed during regular chorus rehearsal time.
5. Mutual respect and a positive attitude will be displayed by all members at all times.
6. Quartet singing will be actively promoted and encouraged.
7. Positive dialogue and suggestions will be encouraged within the membership and by our supporters to preserve and continuously improve our quality.
8. The chorus leadership team will provide the resources necessary to achieve the chorus mission and vision.
9. The chorus leadership team will arrive at every chorus function on-time, organized and ready to go.
10. The chorus leadership team will carefully weigh the rewards vs benefits of each potential performance before committing the chorus to the performance.